- Thursday, 05 April 2012 06:33
- Written by Mark Kreslins
Last weekend, me, Joshua, and Scott broadcasted our show live from the Nullify Now Philadelphia event; it was a great and encouraging time for us all. Joshua and I were also invited to speak on "Federalism - The Cure." We were warmly greeted by those in attendance and and no doubt, the attendees left with a new appreciation of federalism and the period 1860-1865.
So I left encouraged seeing the 400 or so people there, people who are trying to understand how and why we're in the mess we're in.Yet I also left troubled that we still cannot pack a stadium with the truths of the founding of our Union. I ran into too many people at the conference who continue to myopically view solutions through the lens of getting their guy into office. Even though there is not a SHRED of evidence to support the idea of Washington DC "fixing" what's wrong in Washington DC; DC simply cannot do it and the facts of this are clear. A year or so ago, I penned an article titled "The Stockholm Syndrome...Are We the People Victims?" I believe I was spot on then and even more so now...we truly do seem to be sympathetic to our captors! And our captors are the very people we put back into power year after year. Maybe it's just that people don't believe they have any other options other than to support one of the two parties election cycle after election cycle. Maybe we've bought into the deception that the only solution we have is to "hope" some miracle will happen in DC, and the DC'vers will stop violating their oaths. I don't know. But one thing that is clear to me, while we're making progress reintroducing the concepts of oaths, federalism, Inalienable Rights, self-governance, and the Rule of Law, it's dreadfully slow.
This would not be the case for the Founders, Framers and Ratifiers! I'm 100% positive that if they were alive today, they'd have already written a 2nd Declaration of Independence...only this time against the 530+ little kings in Congress, 9 politically connected lawyers on the Supreme Court, and a seemingly limitless Executive. That we haven't already says a lot about who we've become.
So, what can be done, even at this late hour by We the People?
1. Nullification of unconstitutional actions by the DC'vers.
2. Operating through our States, We the People call an Article V Amendment Convention.
3. Asking our Sheriff's to "interpose" between us and the national government. See this story for more information.
4. Learn and understand that the States have the Inalienable Right to withdraw from the Union and make their own way. That this seems to be such a "scary" idea for We the People further buttresses my point that we suffer from the Stockholm Syndrome. Even though we have the Inalienable Right to withdraw, we're afraid to even talk about it never mind actually doing something about it. The War among the States settled nothing other than the fact that a President violating his oath of office could marshall a superior military force against his fellow countryman ending in the death of 600,000 of them and the utter destruction of a 3rd of the Union...for what? To fulfill something he was NEVER charged to fulfill; "preserving the Union?" Again, fearful to even discuss this option demonstrates just how sympathetic we've become to our captors.
So, will we ever loosen the self-imposed chains of the Stockholm Syndrome? We're making progress...kinda.